“When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not being listened to” vs “When I go see a doctor, I...












-1















Which is better:




When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not being listened to.




or




When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not listened to.




All I know is that I only can use the passive present tense when I want to say that I do something frequently, like hobbies or habits.



And does "I'm not being listened to" means that it is happening right now?



We usually say that "I often go to gym or "I'm going to the gym right now", not "I'm often going to gym" or "I go to gym right now". It is so confusing










share|improve this question









New contributor




user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.

























    -1















    Which is better:




    When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not being listened to.




    or




    When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not listened to.




    All I know is that I only can use the passive present tense when I want to say that I do something frequently, like hobbies or habits.



    And does "I'm not being listened to" means that it is happening right now?



    We usually say that "I often go to gym or "I'm going to the gym right now", not "I'm often going to gym" or "I go to gym right now". It is so confusing










    share|improve this question









    New contributor




    user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
    Check out our Code of Conduct.























      -1












      -1








      -1








      Which is better:




      When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not being listened to.




      or




      When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not listened to.




      All I know is that I only can use the passive present tense when I want to say that I do something frequently, like hobbies or habits.



      And does "I'm not being listened to" means that it is happening right now?



      We usually say that "I often go to gym or "I'm going to the gym right now", not "I'm often going to gym" or "I go to gym right now". It is so confusing










      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.












      Which is better:




      When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not being listened to.




      or




      When I go see a doctor, I often feel that I'm not listened to.




      All I know is that I only can use the passive present tense when I want to say that I do something frequently, like hobbies or habits.



      And does "I'm not being listened to" means that it is happening right now?



      We usually say that "I often go to gym or "I'm going to the gym right now", not "I'm often going to gym" or "I go to gym right now". It is so confusing







      present-tense present-progressive






      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.











      share|improve this question









      New contributor




      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 5 hours ago









      Mitch

      51.7k15103215




      51.7k15103215






      New contributor




      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      asked 12 hours ago









      user335796user335796

      1




      1




      New contributor




      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.





      New contributor





      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






      user335796 is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          First , i want to reconstruct your first line ; go see the doctor , into Simply go to the doctor or go and see the doctor . It is incorrect based on grammar but it is a commonly used phrase as the idea is so clear . You can use it as it is common . I just put my idea forth .
          Now let's take your question .
          Listening is a continuous one and at the same time you should not use continuous with frequency adverbs like '' often '' . But look here , the word often has no relation with the continuous one .here'' you often feel' and comes next '' you are not being listened to '' .
          then it is correct ; i often feel that i am not being listened to the doctor while i sit before him .






          share|improve this answer








          New contributor




          Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
          Check out our Code of Conduct.




















            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function() {
            var channelOptions = {
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "97"
            };
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
            createEditor();
            });
            }
            else {
            createEditor();
            }
            });

            function createEditor() {
            StackExchange.prepareEditor({
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader: {
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            },
            noCode: true, onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            });


            }
            });






            user335796 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.










            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function () {
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f485046%2fwhen-i-go-see-a-doctor-i-often-feel-that-im-not-being-listened-to-vs-when-i%23new-answer', 'question_page');
            }
            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            First , i want to reconstruct your first line ; go see the doctor , into Simply go to the doctor or go and see the doctor . It is incorrect based on grammar but it is a commonly used phrase as the idea is so clear . You can use it as it is common . I just put my idea forth .
            Now let's take your question .
            Listening is a continuous one and at the same time you should not use continuous with frequency adverbs like '' often '' . But look here , the word often has no relation with the continuous one .here'' you often feel' and comes next '' you are not being listened to '' .
            then it is correct ; i often feel that i am not being listened to the doctor while i sit before him .






            share|improve this answer








            New contributor




            Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
            Check out our Code of Conduct.

























              0














              First , i want to reconstruct your first line ; go see the doctor , into Simply go to the doctor or go and see the doctor . It is incorrect based on grammar but it is a commonly used phrase as the idea is so clear . You can use it as it is common . I just put my idea forth .
              Now let's take your question .
              Listening is a continuous one and at the same time you should not use continuous with frequency adverbs like '' often '' . But look here , the word often has no relation with the continuous one .here'' you often feel' and comes next '' you are not being listened to '' .
              then it is correct ; i often feel that i am not being listened to the doctor while i sit before him .






              share|improve this answer








              New contributor




              Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
              Check out our Code of Conduct.























                0












                0








                0







                First , i want to reconstruct your first line ; go see the doctor , into Simply go to the doctor or go and see the doctor . It is incorrect based on grammar but it is a commonly used phrase as the idea is so clear . You can use it as it is common . I just put my idea forth .
                Now let's take your question .
                Listening is a continuous one and at the same time you should not use continuous with frequency adverbs like '' often '' . But look here , the word often has no relation with the continuous one .here'' you often feel' and comes next '' you are not being listened to '' .
                then it is correct ; i often feel that i am not being listened to the doctor while i sit before him .






                share|improve this answer








                New contributor




                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.










                First , i want to reconstruct your first line ; go see the doctor , into Simply go to the doctor or go and see the doctor . It is incorrect based on grammar but it is a commonly used phrase as the idea is so clear . You can use it as it is common . I just put my idea forth .
                Now let's take your question .
                Listening is a continuous one and at the same time you should not use continuous with frequency adverbs like '' often '' . But look here , the word often has no relation with the continuous one .here'' you often feel' and comes next '' you are not being listened to '' .
                then it is correct ; i often feel that i am not being listened to the doctor while i sit before him .







                share|improve this answer








                New contributor




                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.









                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer






                New contributor




                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.









                answered 11 hours ago









                RisvanRisvan

                111




                111




                New contributor




                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.





                New contributor





                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.






                Risvan is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
                Check out our Code of Conduct.






















                    user335796 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.










                    draft saved

                    draft discarded


















                    user335796 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.













                    user335796 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












                    user335796 is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.
















                    Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid



                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function () {
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f485046%2fwhen-i-go-see-a-doctor-i-often-feel-that-im-not-being-listened-to-vs-when-i%23new-answer', 'question_page');
                    }
                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Рижское политехническое училище

                    Красноярск

                    Is there a gender-neutral alternative to workmanlike suitable for use in legal context?